Wastenet is a free, online resource providing convenient, rapid and powerful search and discovery over comprehensive resources within the waste and resources research topic.
Wastenet is funded by Defra’s Collaborative Waste, Resources and Sustainable Consumption Evidence Programme, to:
• Aid dissemination of research sponsored by the Programme, and to support open access to research findings more generally
• Preserve and disseminate “grey” research, lost and hard-to-find documentation
• Provide resources to manage and share collected knowledge
• Develop novel approaches to search and discovery, supporting cost effective secondary research and review
• Provide ready data to support gatekeeper processes for research funding.
Each Wastenet search interrogates 23 Internet databases, over 600,000 indexed documents, and an archive of rescued “grey” documents, all regularly updated, and chosen for their relevance to the topic. Please see Resources for more details.
The federated search process used to interrogate these resources supports an advanced search syntax, and automatically optimises the search query to the capabilities of each resource if the syntax is not fully supported (please see About Search for more detail).
Wastenet is free to use and does not require registration. However, some enhanced functionality is available for users who wish to register (please see Register for more details).
Wastenet aims to offer a high standard of accessibility, and conforms to the "AA" standard of W3C's Web Accessibility Initiative. Please see Accessibility Options for more information.